Story: PARASUCO was a very exciting mandate. They were looking for a team who understood the ins and outs of Facebook and how to build bilingual apps with custom form fields and viral features. Galliard was hired to take the Sweepstakes ship to the next level! They had gotten good traction from their previous campaign so the stage was set. We decided to build 2 separate applications, one for each language. We also built the databases to match so that they could immediately segment the entries into their newsletter at any point in time – even during the contest.
Their team produced a very impressive Facebook timeline design under our direction and we used as much viral kicks as we could while keeping the concept and user navigational experience effective and simple.
Sweepstake contest features:
- LIKE to enter gate
- Small registration form with postal code, gender and newsletter acceptance (we grabbed names from Facebook connect so they did not have to write them in)
- The ability to SHARE to wall or INVITE friend on Facebook directly giving them 3 bonus entries per Facebook friend who registered after them
- Total of 29,745 raw entries
- 8,543 new likes (fans)
- 89% of those who registered also invited their friends
- 56% of those who registered also shared on their wall
- Some registrants shared so much that they subsequently registered over 100 friends
- The biggest traffic driver of the contest was word of mouth 1 friend brought 6 more
- Facebook engagement went up by 300% and continues to stay engaged
- “Talking about this” reached 2,992 and has doubled permanently
- Fan likes in regards to admin posts went up by 200% and remains high
- Fan comments in regards to admin posts went up by 400% and remains high